The Larchmont Shore Club's Clubhouse was built in 1906 as the private residence of Aimee Crocker. Miss Crocker was the youngest daughter of Judge E.B. Crocker, the founder of the Southern Pacific Railroad. She called it "La Hacienda" and it stood on seventeen pristine acres. A Crocker family portrait has been reproduced for us and hangs in the Library by the entrance to the Garden Room. Upon her marriage to Jackson Gourand in 1914, Aimee moved to Paris and the house was sold to Rudolf Schaefer, the owner of New York's Schaefer Brewery. The frieze over the Living Room mantle was commissioned by Mr. Schaefer and the room itself created out of three smaller ones to allow for a more commodious seating area. Mr. Schaefer died in 1923. Emile, Rudy's older son, lived here with his bride, Helene, until 1925 when the property was purchased by the founding members of the Club. All but the Club's Grill Room and Main Dining Room are part of the original house.
Today, the Larchmont Shore Club is a home away from home for more than 500 member families, who enjoy a broad array of activities and amenities across the Club's seven acres, including Tennis, Swimming, Beach access, Sailing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Bowling, overnight accommodations and year-round A La Carte Dining (indoors and out). Members enjoy a robust social activities calendar, which includes holiday celebrations, parties, live music, dining events and theme-inspired menus. Our youngest members enjoy Camp High Tide, each summer.
Across the Sound, the North Shore of Long Island offers a distant view of Oyster Bay to the extreme left and Port Washington to the right. Execution Light-the flashing light on the rock pile just off the North Shore, dates from the Revolution and marks the Sound's Deep Water Ships' Channel. The Throgs Neck and Whitestone Bridges are also visible to the right.