The Larchmont Shore Club's clubhouse was built in 1906 as the private residence of Ms. Aimee Isabella Crocker, the youngest daughter of Judge E.B. Crocker, the founder of the Southern Pacific Railroad. The home was named "La Hacienda" and it stood on seventeen pristine acres. In 1914, upon her marriage to Mr. Jackson Gourand, Aimee moved to Paris and the house was sold to Mr. Rudolf Schaefer, the owner of New York's Schaefer Brewery. The Schaefer family renamed the property "Beechlawn" and resided here until 1925, when the property was purchased by the founding members of the Club. All but the Club's Grille Room and Main Dining Room are part of the original house.